Dear beekeeping friends,
11th International Meeting of Young Beekeepers will take place in Ivančna Gorica, Slovenia from 6th to 10th of July 2020.
We are pleased to invite you to the International meeting of young beekeepers IMYB 2020. After previous successful years of IMYB held recently in United Kingdom and France and Slovakia, it is now possible to experience Slovenia for the first time in 2020. Slovenia is a homeland of Carniolan honeybee, land of good beekeepers and where first world bee day celebration took place.
The 11th meeting will be held in the municipality of Ivančna Gorica. The event will take place at the School centre of Ivančna Gorica. Accommodation and meals will be provided by the nearby Cistercian Abbey Stična which is the oldest and functioning monastery in Slovenia (1132 AD).
The aim of the event is to raise a generation of young beekeepers who can follow in the footsteps of their more experienced colleagues, and to help these young people grow fond of this independent profession so beneficial for the whole society. To achieve this, it is essential to gain the necessary knowledge and skills of keeping and understanding bees.
The event combines a competition for young participants with a rich cultural and social program, which enables them to meet other young people who share the same interests. We believe the meeting in Ivančna Gorica will continue in the good traditions of previous years and that it will attract up to 40 participating countries from all over the world hopefully making it the biggest world meeting of young beekeepers so far.
In order to prepare the event in the best possible way, we ask you to confirm your national team’s participation by 30th November 2019 via online IMYB 2020 registration form. You will access the online registration form through this web page: http://icyb.cz/imyb-2020.
We ask you to pay the participation fee of 750 EUR by 31st January 2020. Information about the event can be also found at www.icyb.cz including a link which will redirect you to the IMYB 2020’s website. Despite the great interest in this event, our accommodation capacities only allow us to accept up to 40 participating countries.
IMYB 2020 conditions of participation:
• Timely country registration via the online Registration form by 30th November – the registration time will be decisive;
• Payment of the participation fee of 750 EUR by 31st January 2019. If a registered country withdraws from the event, it will be replaced by the next country depending on the date and time of registration and payment;
• Countries running a participants selection process on a national level will be given preference;
• Once the registration is finished, we will get in touch with the contact persons from selected countries and ask them to provide us with the necessary details about the IMYB 2020 participants.
• Up to 40 participating countries, the list of the countries will be published on the website once the registration is finished.
• Each team consists of 3 young people aged 12 to 17. A team member must not turn 18 during the event.
• Each team is accompanied by 1 or 2 adult person(s), who will be responsible for the team members during the whole stay.
• Teams represent their respective countries during the whole competition.
• Board and lodging costs as well as costs related to the program for participants and accompanying persons are covered by Slovenian organizers.
• Teams cover only travel expenses for flying to the nearest airport (Ljubljana or Zagreb) or driving by car to Ivančna Gorica and pay the participation fee of 750 EUR per country.
• Please pay the participation fee by 31st January 2020 to the following bank account:
Recipient name: Čebelarska zveza Slovenije
Recipient address: Brdo pri Lukovica 8, 1225 Lukovica, Slovenija
Payment purpose: Participation fee + name of your country (e.g. Participation fee Slovenia)
Participation fee: 750,00 EUR
IBAN: SI56 0318 6100 2214 727
Reference number: SI00-06072020
SWIFT BIC: SKBASI2X
Bank name: SKB
Bank address: Ajdovščina 4, 1513 Ljubljana, Slovenija
The venue for the competition and accommodation:
Competition address: School centre of Ivančna Gorica, Cesta občine Hirschaid 1, SI-1295 Ivančna Gorica, Slovenia
Accommodation address: Cistercian Abbey Stična, Stična 17, SI-1295 Ivančna Gorica, Slovenia
Slovenian beekeepers’ association: Marko Borko, email@example.com, +386 51 637 204, +386 1 729 61 14, www.czs.si
Municipality of Ivančna Gorica: Maja Lampret: firstname.lastname@example.org, +386 31 843 900, www.ivancna-gorica.si/Obcina-Ivancna-Gorica
• Ljubljana Jože Pučnik airport, »Ljubljana (LJU)«
• Zagreb Franjo Tuđman airport, Croatia, »Zagreb (ZAG)«
Highway: Ljubljana airport – Ivančna Gorica (61 km), Zagreb airport – Ivančna Gorica (122 km) the organiser will arrange a shuttle transfer from both airports to Ivančna Gorica.
The competition comprises following disciplines: theoretical knowledge test, microscopy, beekeeping tools identification, assembling a beehive, assembling a comb frame, honey extraction, honey recognition, bee plant identification, alternative pollinators, queen bee marking, grafting larvae, other beekeeping tasks and a special regional discipline.
International teams will be formed, will compete and will be evaluated. Results will be displayed for international teams, countries and individuals.
Sporting, cultural and social events as well as trips to interesting parts of the region and a conference for adults will be included. We will do our best to prepare an exciting and varied program.
The official language at this event will be English. The competition tasks will be translated into the participating countries’ languages.
Let us cordially invite you to this 11th IMYB in Ivančna Gorica, Slovenia. Come! We will have a great time at the IMYB 2020 in Slovenia!
RNDr. Jiří Píza, ICYB Chair, email@example.com, Coordinator IMYB 2020
Boštjan Noč, SBA president, Organiser IMYB 2020
Dušan Strnad, mayor of municipality of Ivančna Gorica, Organiser IMYB 2020