Fifth International Beekeeping Photography Competition
Slovenian Beekeepers’ Association (SBA) is organising Fifth International Beekeeping Photography Competition. Any natural person of any nationality may participate in the competition by submitting their own yet unpublished photographs. The competition is focused on six subject categories:
1. Honey Bee and the World of Plants (photos of bees on flowers or other parts of plants)
2. The Life of Bees (photos from the whole lifecycle of bees and honeybee colony, of each of the member of a colony (queens, workers, drones) and their behaviour and roles, as of the whole honeybee colony as a super organism, any impression from the fascinating biology of this animal)
3. Beekeeping Tasks and Honey Bee Products (photos of beekeeping tasks throughout the whole season, with different beekeeping tools and gear, while interacting with bees, photos of all hive products in a hive or in a phase of production or in a phase of processing into different products or in a market packaging or while consummation)
4. Traditional or modern Bee House / Bee Yard (photos of bee yards or hives and Bee Houses from inside or outside, at different seasons of the year or time of day)
5. World Bee Day (photos of different pollinators, bumblebees, solitary bees etc.)
This year we have a special subject category.
6. Bee beard (photographs of a beekeeper with a swarm on a chin or in a hand)
An author may participate in one or several categories. For each subject category, the author may submit no more than 3 photographs, colour or black and white photographs (300 dpi or more). Every photograph must include an ID number, title, subject category name, and the year in which it was taken. The photographs submitted for Bee House / Bee Yard subject category must include information on the owner of the bee house / bee yard.
The photographs should be sent by e-mail to the address: “marko . borko # czs . si” or by registered mail on the data storage devices (CDs, USB flash drives) to the following address: Čebelarska zveza Slovenije, Brdo pri Lukovici 8, 1225 Lukovica, Slovenia, with a post scriptum "Photography Competition". All data storage devices received will not be returned to senders. All photographs submitted must include information on the author (first and last name, address, country, telephone number, e-mail address).
The photographs shall be assessed by the panel according to the predefined criteria: Expressiveness, Originality, Technical design, Aesthetics. An additional criterion applies to the Traditional Bee House / Bee Yard subject category: Orderly appearance of the bee house / beehives and the surroundings. The photograph authors shall be anonymized prior to assessment. For each subject category, the panel will nominate three authors with the best photographs. The best photographs’ authors shall be awarded the gold, silver, and bronze certificate, respectively. The competition winners will receive an award and the applicable certificate. Every nominee will receive a certificate of nomination. Every participant will receive a certificate of participation.
Photograph submission deadline is 5th of February 2019. The award ceremony will be held at the ApiSlovenia 2019 Fair on Sunday, 17th of March 2019, in Celje, Slovenia. All photographs nominated will be displayed at the ApiSlovenia 2019 Fair in Celje, Slovenia, from 16 to 17 March 2019. For detailed information, please contact Mr. Marko Borko per mobile phone: +386 51 637 204.
THE RULES OF INTERNATIONAL BEEKEEPING PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION ARE INCLUDED IN THE ATTACHMENT BELOW.
Slovenian Beekeepers’ Association